SECTION 8. SERVICING
This section describes the various servicing points for your S-58. Servicing includes normal servicing such as topping off of fluids, and refueling the aircraft.
2 Service Points
This section describes all the fluid, pressure and battery servicing points in the S-58. Each fluid filler point has a sightglass to see the current fluid level, and a cap you can click to add fluid.
3 Fluid Types
Only genuine Shergood oil and hydraulic fluid products should be used in servicing this helicopter.
4 Fluid Capacities
|Engine Oil||40 qt.|
|Main Transmission||20 qt.|
|Intermediate Gear box||2 qt.|
|T/R Transmission||3 qt.|
|Primary Servo Hydraulic||2 qt.|
|Auxiliary Servo Hydraulic||2 qt.|
|Clutch Hydraulic||7 qt.|
5.1 Fuel Type
The S-58 is designed to operate on 115/45 grade avgas. In the event that 115/45 is unavailable, a supplementary type certificate has been issued to allow unlimited use of 100LL avgas. The use of any other fuels is unsafe and STRICTLY prohibited. When refueling with KellyFuel 3.0 or later, care must be taken to use the correct fuel type. If the incorrect fuel type is used, the fuel in that tank will be tainted, and operating the engine with tainted fuel will cause engine damage and potentially failure. If a tank is accidentally filled with the wrong type of fuel, the tank must be completely emptied to flush it of all contaminant. The tanks can be flushed through the @Cheat menus by setting the fuel amount to 0.
5.1.1 Fuel Capacities
|Forward Tank||103.4 gal.||Feeds engine|
|Center Tank||70 gal.||Feeds forward tank|
|Aft Tank||92 gal.||Feeds center tank|
5.2 Gravity Refueling
Gravity refueling ports are located on the right side of the aircraft as shown in Figure 1. To refuel a tank the cap must first be removed by clicking it. Tanks can be filled using either KellyFuel or by using the "refuel" chat command.
The front strut can be used as a ground point while refueling. Always properly ground your aircraft before fueling to avoid a static discharge from sparking a potential fuel fire.
To use the KellyFuel 3.0 pump to service your aircraft, use the following procedure to prepare aircraft for fueling:
- Park aircraft within 20m of pump.
- Click pump. Select aircraft by tail number.
- Select tank on aircraft to be filled.
- Open access door and cap for that tank.
- Click ground wire spool near 100LL side of pump to attach ground wire to nosewheel.
- Click on fuel hose insert nozzle into filler.
To Fuel Aircraft:
- Press ENT on keypad to verify it has been grounded
- Click the credit card reader to "read" your credit card (RP Only)
- Select 1 for 100LL Fuel
- Enter the maximum number of gallons, then ENT
- Reset the meter by clicking the knob on the side
- Turn the switch next to the pump on the 100LL side to ON
- Wait for fueling to complete. Fueling will stop when requested number of gallons have been added, the tank is full, or you turn the fuel switch to OFF.
- Press either 1 to fuel another tank, or 2 to end fueling.