This Shergood B2-B is an SL reproduction of the classic Brantly B2-B helicopter. The Brantly B2 was originally introduced in the late 1950s and was later upgraded to the B2-A and then the B2-B. It uses a 180hp fuel-injected four cylinder horizontally opposed Lycoming IVO-360 engine, a vertical variant of the engine commonly found in the Cessna 172. The SA-FE (Shergood Aviation Flight Engine) engine driving this virtual reproduction is the most advanced and realistic in SL. It was designed and created by an RL helicopter pilot. The engine is purely physics based and features independent control of cyclic, collective, throttle and anti-torque pedals enabling true power-off autorotations. Features include:
- Independent cyclic, collective, throttle and anti-torque controls
- Force/torque based physics model
- Working yaw string can be used as reference to coordinate cyclic and pedal inputs.
- Realism features can be enabled or disabled to adjust level of difficulty.
- Helicopter weight changes as fuel is burned.
- Weight dependent performance (fuel and passengers)
- Main rotor torque (pedals must be used to compensate)
- Independent engine and rotor RPM
- True power-off autorotations
- Ground effect increases lift near surfaces (land, water, or prim)
- Translational lift increases lift with forward airspeed
- Translating tendency results in a "left skid low" look during hover.
- Vortex ring state danger exists when helicopter is mishandled
- Working electrical system with rechargeable battery.
- Refueling system with fuel quantity control
- Realistic sounds from an actual Brantly B2-B helicopter
- Advanced lighting effects
- Accessible engine compartment
- Detailed mesh design
- Fully functioning dual controls
- Paint kit system for user customizable painting
- Unique N-number and serial number assigned to each aircraft
- HOBBS meter tracks total time on aircraft
- Access control system: owner only, guest or registered pilots
- Passenger control - enable/disable use of passenger seat, or kick passenger
- Dust/water effects when hovering near a surface
- Animated hand and foot movements track moving cockpit controls
- Collision detection/crash system alerts on crashes
- Free upgrades
WARNING - This helicopter is designed for expert/advanced SL pilots seeking a realistic flight experience requiring practice and skill to master.